Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter a week later

Since we "missed" Easter Sunday, we dressed Zuki in her Easter dress yesterday.  This dress was given to us by my mom's friend, Sherry. Thank you, Sherry, for everything!
She called it her "princess" dress, and we couldn't get her to take it off all day!


  
Zuki made this "hospital bed" in her tub of toys and fell asleep. It was a pretty nice break for me, until she wouldn't go to bed until 10 that night.


Here are some cuties of Malaika.


Daddy playing with his two girls.

Zuki is doing a great job learning to be gentle.

This is a project I finished back in February.  I designed it and pieced it together in February and March of last year, let it sit in my closet until christmas, and hand quilted it from Christmas until Valentines Day this year, finishing just in time as a V-Day present for Mo.
 This is the stitch I used, and I love it!  It turned out way better than I had in my mind.

Zuki has been obsessed with Rapunzel ever since we took her to see "Tangled" at the Paramount Five, and loves to play with my hair saying, "Rapunzel, let down your hair!"
 I have to apologize for this picture.  I keep trying to rotate it, and am successful, but for some reason, it keeps coming up this way in Blogger.  Weird.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Ok first, zuki is the funniest strangest kid!!! She's totally awesome.

And way to go on that quilt, it looks great. I'll bet you are super proud.

Holy cow your hair is frieking long!

And Thanks for posting pics with Malaika's eyes open. She looks so different. So, so sweet. Now i am even more bummed we wont be seeing her soon :(

Stephanie H. said...

I can't believe how much different Malaika looks already! And Zuki is as cute as ever. How do you pronounce Malaika? I don't know if I'm putting the emphasis on the right syllable :/

Brianna Tuckett said...

I love the Easter dress!! It is WAY pretty! Zuki has the best imagination!! I always laugh to hear what she comes up with next :)

Kuddos on the quilt!!! That looks AMAZING!! Like mother like daughter ;)

I agree with Anna, Malaika does look different with her eyes open, but is getting cuter by the day!! :)

Dwynne said...

I'm super proud of you.

Kelly said...

Malaika is so cute! Congratulations...and I love the name.

Sherry H said...

Two very beautiful girls. It's fun to see pictures. I talked to your mom last week, grandma is very excited to come see you all in June.