Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lava Hot Springs

We went to Lava Hot Springs on Monday with our family friends, the Vawdreys.  Thanks for the great time!!
 These hot springs are so cool!  I mean HOT!  They've cemented them into hot tubs!  There were about five different springs, and each of them have a different temperature, but no matter which one you get in, you come out PINK!  They put these canopies over them so that you can still get in while it is raining, or snowing!  Randy told us that if you come in the winter, all the cement and handrails are iced over, and all you can see of the pools is the steam.  He said that when you get in them, you can't even see each other through the steam! Awesome!!!



 This is Randy. He is so crazy!!

 The jets are not jets, but the actual spring water coming up!

 This is Mallory, and Zuki attached herself to her the whole time we were there, and was sad when she had to go to school the next day.

 Of course, I couldn't get in with a three week old baby, so, I bundled up in Randy's sweatshirt, Mo's coat, and zipped her up inside.  We were pretty warm, but it was freezing!!! I really wanted to get in that water!!

 When we got home the next day, both girls were having complete meltdowns, and had to share my lap.  We were all overly tired.

The necklace in Zuki's hair is her "Rapunzel" hair.  Too cute!

4 comments:

Dwynne said...

aww... sharing your lap! that is so Mommy-like. I see Mom in your face there. Sad that you didn't get to go into the springs. Cool experience for Zuki, though.

Adam said...

What color was Mo when he got out?

I'm glad you went with the baby and made it work for you. Good for you for not "missing" out.

Brianna Tuckett said...

I've heard Lava is way cool, but never made it down that far. Looks fun!! Bummer you couldn't get in the water. Oh well you had a cutie keep you company, eh? :) Fun pics :)

t.m. said...

Random...

My mom and LaChere's mom are cousins.

Small world.