So, I decided to try my hand at documenting an event. Yesterday was soooo crazy. I'll try to keep my story short. OK. First of all, St. Patrick's day has become a tradition in our little family. I make corned beef, cooked cabbage, and cooked carrots for dinner. When I went shopping for the corned beef, I discovered that none of the local grocery stores had any! So...I had to drive to Idaho Falls which is a 30 minute drive. When I got to Winco (whom I KNOW carries corned beef), I didn't have my wallet. Well, I didn't want to make anything else for dinner (plus we were having company), so I drove all the way back home, got my wallet, and drove all the way back (did I mention that Zuki is not used to long car rides and was upset the whole time?). When we got home, I put the beef in my big pot, and commenced to make sugar cookies for the first time. These turned out great. Then I started to peel the carrots, and chop the cabbage, and realized my pot wasn't big enough, and I would need another big pot, so I ran over to my friends apartment to borrow a pot, and just as I shut the door, my heart sank as I realized I had locked myself out (thank goodness Zuki was sleeping). So, I ran and got the pot, and also borrowed one of her credit cards so that I could pick my lock. By the time I got into the apartment, I was way behind schedule. Then I realized that I had a meeting later on that I wouldn't be able to make, so I called the girl I was supposed to meet with and asked her if she wouldn't mind coming over so that I could explain her calling to her (she was called to my calling), she told me she would be over in ten minutes. Mo called right after I hung up, and said he was ready to be picked up. AHHH! So, I woke Zuki up, and we rushed to get Mo, and got back just as the girl was coming to see me. Then our guests came, and THEN...our Home Teachers came over. Mo had made and appointment, and totally forgot about it. I didn't even know. I had to laugh. After all this, I forgot to take pictures of the food and our guests. Grrr. I will do better next time.
1 year ago






9 comments:
What a day! Zuki is so cute. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks at the reunion.
Mwah hah hah. How funny and crazy! Did you fall apart? I might have. Wow. Good job. Fun cookies! Yay! And once again, I can't believe how much Zuki is growing up and how much she looks like you! Do you have any photos of Mo's family so we can see if we see a resemblance?
Oh hey, it looks like you found bobbles too. Good job! They are hugemongousaliewomper.
Crazy day!!! Holy cow! The cookies look GREAT though!! i guess a leprechaun really did visit your life and cause mayhem :) Cute pics!
Such a good wife and mother. What a busy and exciting day. The things we do for our families. We miss you guys and hope all is going well.
Wow, that is hilarious! Sounds like you and Mo handle stress pretty dang well!! Glad it all came together in the end, it's always good to laugh at funny situations like those. :) Good for you!
dude, I would have given up on the corned beef...can't believe you went all the way back! How can that baby not be used to long car rides, seriously, you need to bring her home more so she learns to handle it better. I love her little face, Nat! So you!
Wow! Zuki is sure getting big! Isn't it amazing how fas they grow up?
Hey my long lost roommate!! Came across your adorable blog featuring your cute little girl. How are you and what are you up to?
Post a Comment