So, I am totally aware, that I have, once again, failed to update my blog. I have a good excuse this time. I got a job! I am a Social Curator for Deseret Digital Media (KSL). I am in charge of three different subjects and post things on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter for each. I am having so much fun with it! I am on the computer for two hours each day, and so when it comes to updating the blog, I just don't want to. But, my goal is to get over that. I have family and friends who need to see my girls because they are far away and won't see them otherwise. So, prepare yourself for a lot of photos.
Church History Museum
We went to the Church History Museum with my friend Katrina Musanga and her daughter, Thandiswa. Super fun!
Dinner with the missionaries!
Gathering eggs from the chickens.
Playing computer games with Thandi.
Maliaka's Birthday (continued)
Thanks to Stephanie Hintze (my cousin), we were able to have a family party for Malaika at her house. Thanks Steph!
Malaika received a card from Gramama and Papa.
Opening presents at Steph's.
I made this cake! I was so proud of it that I forgot to add the edible pearls and didn't realize it until about a week later.
Malaika loved the frosting!
Malaika received this cute stuffed thingy from Anna.
And absolutely loves it!
Then we had an impromptu party at Aunt Sally's. Thanks Sally!
The frosting on these cupcakes were so good, I had to stop myself from eating it with a spoon.
Couple of Randoms
Zuki and Malaika like to drink their bedtime milk together...its so cute.
I had the stroller out to load it up for a walk and a picnic, and all of a sudden, there was Zuki, loading up her baby! Too cute. The baby rode with Mal the whole time.
One day, I lost Zuki, I even checked her room, but didn't notice her until I was panicking and couldn't find her and went to check her room again. She had decided to take a nap in her tent.
My Mo and Malaika are so cute. Good buddies. Malaika will walk around the house calling, "Mo...Mo...Mo" while he is at work. It's so cute!
Malaika is a really great hugger. She is very free with them, when it comes to her sister. She doesn't always hug me, but I sure do love to see the sisterly love. I hope it lasts through their teens.
Trip to Memorial Park
If you haven't been to this park, it is a beautiful place right in the heart of Salt Lake city. Great place for family pictures.
Visit to City Creek
City Creek is a new outdoor mall in Salt Lake. It is so cool! They have tons of different fountains and a stream running right through the center of it.
This fountain has a show set to music that plays at certain times of the day. Very beautiful.
Zuki and Joseph Smith at the mother Deseret Book.
Of course, it wouldn't be a bookstore trip without Zuki finding a spot to read.
Package from Mahkulu.
I sure hope I spelled that right. Mahkulu is "Grandma" in Mo's native tongue, Xhosa. She likes to send us packages every once in a while, and it's always fun to get them. They smell like I imagine Africa would smell.
Zuki in a princess dress up, waiting to open the package.
Malaika decided to stand on it...
Mo opened it, and it was...
African candy bars! Woo-hoo! She even sent some cookies called "eet-sum-ore" I love them. They make me want to "Eat Some More"!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog...more it on its way.

2 comments:
Cool!
Looks like you've been having lots of fun!
We need to get together!
Also your new job sounds fun, how do I get in on something like that?
You're working at DDM now? Wow. I'm glad you like it. It's been too long. Let's do lunch next week.
Post a Comment