Thursday, August 9, 2012

More Catchup

Okay, here we go again...tonight, Mo and Zuki are having a Daddy Daughter Date, so I have some time to myself, so I thought I'd update a bit more.


Zuki's Preschool Completion
 Zuki finished her first year of Preschool! She loved every minute of it.
Here she is, last day of school.


 Here, she is performing in their closing program.  They are all so cute!


 Thank you, Miss Jan, and Miss Cherilynn!


Zuki and her little sister.


Yay, Zuki!!!

Trip to California for a Wedding!!
My brother, Michael, married his high school sweetheart, Hayden on May 26th. We wouldn't have missed it for the world!  They are a perfect match, and I am so glad to call her "sister".

 
 Malaika reading in the car (somewhere in Nevada)


 Zuki reading (somewhere in Nevada).


My mom always has this Pink Kitchen out for the girls when we come. I know they love it.  I love it.


 Zuki was asked to be the flower girl at the wedding, and Hayden's mom (Grandma Lori), found this perfect dress, way marked down.  Thank you, Lori!


 Me and my sweet angel.  She needs little wings, doesn't she?


 Zuki told me that the reason why she was staring at Hayden in this picture was because Hayden looked like a perfect princess.


 Hayden was the most beautiful and happy bride I have seen.  She is such a kind person, I hope to one day be as thoughtful as she is.


Hayden's florist had some extra flowers that just stayed put in Zuki's hair.  They are not anchored with anything, and they lasted all day.


 She was so shy walking down the isle, but she smiled just like we coached her to.


 And...she stood next to the "pretty girls" through the whole ceremony!  I was so proud.


 I tricked Michael into giving me his cars keys so that the boys (Adam, Mo, and Zach (Jessica Shelton's husband)) could do THIS.


And, we ended up with the wedding cake at my parents house.  This is the remains of it (this is not staged at all). Awesome.


Random Things at Gramama's


 I hope that we can start a tradition of photos of all the grandkids in this sink.  I love it!


OOOO. water.

 We piled pillows and a blanket on top of Adam while he was sleeping...he sleeps very heavily. Funny!


And, here are Adam's feet!


Fun Places
 This is a trampoline place in Thanksgiving Point in Utah.  This whole room is filled with trampolines, so fun.  No I did not jump, I was chasing Malaika around.


 This place is called "Kangaroo Zoo" and it's just a little north of Bountiful, Utah.  It's got about 15 different blow up toys for all ages.  It's really fun!  Malaika had a ball and threw herself backwards the whole time.


Zuki was running all over the place.  We were the only ones there, so I didn't feel panicky about losing her.

Mini Photo Shoot.

 This day was the first time I'd tried to treat Zuki's hair with Olive Oil.  I ended up washing it out, but boy, it made her hair soft. I have been watching You Tube instructional videos for her hair, and a lot of them say that you have to treat the hair with olive oil every once in awhile.  


 Sweet little Malaika.  She just had her doctors appointment last week and she is still under the 3% for her weight at her age. The doctor isn't worried, because everything is proportional, and she is developing right on track, but she is urging us to load up the calories (healthy ones of course).


They sure are silly together!

Thanks again for stoppin' by my blog!  More is coming.  It will never end. I promise.

3 comments:

orangemily said...

Sounds like you're having a fun summer!

Anna said...

Loved the unstaged wedding cake...even the tipped over glass! What piggies we are.

And Adam's unshoe'd foot. Bah hah!

I treat my hair with olive oil from time to time and love it. LOVE it.

Those two sure are cuties. I know you hear it all the time but there's just no other word for it.

Unknown said...

You have the most darling girls ever. So glad you made time to update this.