Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Vaccines

So, I took Zuki to get her first round of immunizations yesterday, and I am so glad that Mo was able to go with me because I was not prepared for how much it would affect me. They had two nurses do it, one on each leg, and the needles were at least three inches long!! Zuki started screaming, and I had never heard her like that before...I lost it. I had to back away and put my face in the corner. When they handed her to me, it took a minute to calm her down, then she fell asleep...she slept all day, barely allowing me to wake her up to feed her. She didn't like being put down, either. Oh, it was so heart breaking. I didn't know my mother love strings were so strong.

3 comments:

Travis and Kamala Sloan said...

Well that is one thing that I know I don't have to experience. Travis and I have come to a compromise. No vaccines for our children until they are at least 5 or 6. I completly don't agree with the vaccines in infants. It is completly up to you, your spouse and the Lord.

Stephanie H. said...

Natalie, as a registered nurse I have to say I completely agree with your choice to vaccinate! Good job!

Peterson Family said...

Good for you Mommy! I watched a friend of mine suffer 4 nights of 103+ temp.'s with her 8 month old who had measles... a little crying for 5-10 min. is totally worth getting the vaccine's. She'll be more wakeful after, once she gets a little older. It's always more tramatic for Mom than the kiddo's!