Monday, June 13, 2011

Malaika's Blessing Week

This is a really long post...lots of pictures and adventures, so here we go.
 First of all, this is the first "picture" she's ever drawn besides people.  It is a picture of her and Malaika watching a rainbow.  She is adding Grandmama and Papa.

 It seemed like we were waiting forever for Grandmama and Papa to come.  I was really hot when I woke up...guess why.

 YAY! Grandmama and Papa finally arrived!

 Then we had a picnic at Porter Park on a very windy and cold day...without napkins, plates or cups.


 Then Zuki wanted to ride on the Carousel.
 Papa joined...
 And then convinced me to hop on one myself.  FUN!

 Papa and Grandmama playing on the swings...

 Papa discovered Malaika's favorite way to be held!  Arm killer.

 Grandmama and I bought Zuki a surprise!
 A Tinkerbell chair that she can sit on and read her books. (Instead of using the basket or the carseat).
 She LOVES it!

 Zuki took this picture of Grandmama and Papa.

 We ate at Big Jud's, the home of the one pound hamburger.

 See those photos on the wall?  Those are the pictures of people who have conquered the one pounder, two pounder, or three pounder hamburger.  Amazing.

After Big Juds, we needed some exercise, so we went back to the park for the water.





 Grandmama is an awesome baby holder.
 Then we were tired.

Malaika's Blessing

 Again, here is that adorable headband...love it!  Thank you Anna...it really completed the outfit.
 Aunt Sally made these sockies...I thought it would be fun to have a "pop" of color.
 My Happy One!



 Papa holding Chi-Chi.
 Julie Daka, Zuki, and Chimwewe Daka.
 Natalie, Jacob, and Preston Erlick.  Thanks for Coming!
 Emmanuel, Julie, Agness, and Chi-Chi Daka.
 Amy and Israel Galicia.
 Grandmama and Papa!
 Dwynnie in the Middle!


 Then we got tired...and Grumpy.
 Anna made these other headbands so that I would have a variety to choose from...Love them all!  I promised her I would put pics up of these...so sorry she is so grumpy.

 Love this one too!


Then we had a photoshoot with Mo outside.  Here are my favs.





 These are out of order, but this purple outfit is from Aunt Sally for which the purple sockies were originally intended.  CUTE!
We had an awesome week, and the blessing day was perfect!  Thanks to everyone who participated, and for those who thought of us from far away. We love our friends and family, thank you, thank you, for being such an important part of our lives.  You are what it's all about.

8 comments:

Anna said...

Ok! Where to start...
Napping picture: totally hillarious and a keeper.

Looks like Mom picked the purple headband. Again and Again and again...

The headband you picked for the blessing was perfect!!! I am so glad it worked! I think my second fave is the white flower, then the black then the layered poof one. The layered poof one will look better worn "hippie" style I think. (Further down on the forehead.) THANK YOU THANK YOU for taking pics of all of them. I've just been DYING over here. Wish we could have been there. Bad.

Then scrolling down..Whoa! Zuki got dark. Oh wait. That's not Zuki in Dad's lap. Caught me off guard...khee hee

Thanks for posting so many pictures. I really loved quite a lot of them. And you're right friends and family is exactly what it's all about.

Anna said...

So, who does Malaika look like in Mo's family?

Dwynne said...

You look really good, Nat! I liked seeing Mom and Dad in those pictures. Thanks for having me! Thanks for posting! Thanks for sharing!

NatMo said...

Malaika doesn't really look like Mo's family. I think she is Clawson, mostly...we'll see as she gets older.

Stephanie H. said...

I LOVE all of the headbands! And yes, Natalie, i agree with Dwynne, you look great!

Brianna Tuckett said...

Way cute pics!! I love the napping picture too! Malaika's blessing dress is just beautiful and I LOVE the headbands!! Malaika looks so much like Zuki to me :) I agree with the others that you look AWESOME Natty girl!! :) Looks like your parents had a fun visit and that it was a GREAT blessing day for Malaika :)

Travis and Kamala Sloan said...

You all are beautiful!!!! Oh how I wish we could have been there. Nat you and your girls are so gorgeous!!! Oh and to let you know nothing bad has happened, just a lot of good.

As soon as my schedule cools down I hope to be able to catch up with friends. Both on the blog and over the phone. Hopefully this next week will be easier.

Love ya guys!!!

mom2ky said...

Loved all the pictures. Your girls are beautiful! :) Love you guys!

-Sharon & Kylonna