It is so crazy how much my life has changed just by having a baby!! when you hear people saying that having a baby changes everything...they quite literally mean EVERYTHING. My body is completely different now, I've never been over 190 pounds, let alone 200. I was 230ish during the last few weeks of pregnancy, then 214 when she was born, and now I'm down to 210. I have 30 more to go before I am back into my old clothes. I may have to go clothes shopping. My maternity pants are the only ones that "fit" me, and by no means do they hold my raisin tummy in. I went to the dentist yesterday, without Zuki, and they asked me when my baby was due. How embarrassing. I should probably get something normal that fits. I just don't want to get comfortable with this weight. I have such cute things that I want to fit into again.
This morning, while I was in the shower, I realized how different my morning routine is...I used to get up at 6 am everyday, take a shower, dry my hair, put on my makeup, and make breakfast for my sweet husband before we had to be at school or work. The whole thing took maybe and hour. With Zuki, I get up at 8am, or even 11am sometimes, depending on how many times she and I were up the night before, and how long each time was. after we get up, I feed her, put her in her bouncy chair, and bring her into the bathroom with me. When I get in the shower I sing "Where, Oh Where has my Little Dog Gone?" over and over so that she knows I am still with her. Sometimes she falls asleep while I am in there and other times she doesn't. There are just so many things that have changed, and now the morning routine includes two people, and one is unpredictable. I have decided, though, that I can't let her rule my life. I have to rule it, I just have to include her in it. If I fight it and get upset when she's crying or needs attention when I am in the middle of something, both of our lives are absolutely miserable. But when I make the crying and needing attention part of the day, part of my life, we are both happier, and there is less crying, and I have more ideas of how to entertain her when she wants attention.
1 year ago

3 comments:
Congrats. Your baby Zuki is so cute!! I am so jealous of her cute hair!!! Here is our blog. Take a look and keep in touch.
http://jbsilvester.blogspot.com
Well Nat, you're figuring it out! I am so proud of you. Don't worry, the weight will come off. Nursing helps (but that doesn't mean you can still eat whatever ;)
I love you dearest!
Post a Comment