This super cute fairy portal came from my sister, Anna, to Zuki and Malaika for Christmas.
The story is that these fairy portals, once installed in your home, will let fairies through (only the good ones)! I installed ours on a shelf because Malaika will be crawling soon, and I didn't want her to pull it off the base board, which is another popular place to install them. (want to see more? Click Here)
When we got home from California, Zuki couldn't wait to put it up, so I took it out, put it up, and it felt like something more should happen during this little ceremony, so I cast a spell: "Fairy Portal open up! Let the fairies through...POOF!"
For the rest of the day Zuki kept waiting for Tinkerbell to come through, sitting and staring at the portal urging Tinkerbell ("c'mon Tinkerbell!") to come through. So...I had to explain that the fairies only come out when we aren't in the room. She asked why, of course, and I told her it was because the fairies magic would die if humans saw them. Zuki got a scared look on her face, "Tinkerbell will die?" I shook my head, "No, Honey, just her magic, and we need her to keep her magic, otherwise she won't be able to come through the portal." Zuki says, "ok", and now every time we go into the living room she yells, "Tinkerbell, we're coming!" so that she knows to fly back to the portal.
I am really excited about this portal! It's going to be a fun thing for our family for a long time. Mo and I are planning on having Tinkerbell leave little treats every once in a while for the girls.
Thank you, Anna!

5 comments:
Oh it's so cute there! I love that it helps make the magic more "real". Totally awesome! You'll have to post about some of the things that Tinkerbell does. What fun!
What a cute idea!!!! awwww I want one!!! do you think my 13 yr old BOY would like it? LOL. dang it...I need to have me some girls! hahahaha! =)
So cute!!
WOw!
I am so happy that your Fairy Portal is installed and working. Thanks for sharing that cute story and for sharing a link to my shop.
I wish you all many Magical moments!
How fun!! I've never heard of those before but that really is a fun idea!! Oh and nice sand in a bottle ;)
Post a Comment